Halloween events in Miami

Miami is the mecca of all things nightlife, and celebrating All Hallow’s Eve anywhere else would be a disgrace to Mr. Jack O’Lantern himself.

On campus

QuantUM presents “Little Shop of Horrors.” The musical is darkly humorous, telling the story of a nerdy florist worker who raises a plant that feeds off of human blood. It will be running at Hillel on October 28, 30, November 1 and 3. Show starts at 8 p.m.

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) is hosting its Cult Film Festival on Oct. 29 and 30, featuring movies such as “Boogie Nights” and “Trainspotting.” Free screenings begin at 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema.

On Wednesday, CAC will show “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

For more information, call Hurricane Productions at 305-284-4606.

Around Miami

The Beverly Hills Pajama Party Halloween: A costume ball and contest with guest, actress and former Playboy playmate Brande Roderick with music by DJs Irie, Secci and Joe Dert. 10 p.m. Oct. 31 Forge Restaurant, $20. 305-604-9798.?

The Fifth Nightclub Saints and Sinners Halloween: Costume party. Oct. 31. No cover. 305-538-9898.

Halloween Carnival: Games, costume contest and haunted house. 6-9 p.m. Oct. 31 Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center. Free admission, $3 for haunted house. 305-460-5600.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Classic film. 9 p.m. Oct. 31. Colony Theatre $22. 305-674-1040.

Halloween on the Mile: Haunted house, costume contest and a scavenger hunt. On Miracle Mile between Douglas and Le Jeune roads in Coral Gables. 5-9 p.m. Oct. 31, free admission. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.

*information collected from themiamiherald.com

If you want to go out on Wednesday, but not necessarily in costume, check out these non-Halloween events.

-British rockers The Cult will play at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets cost $26.50.

Fall Out Boy, the pop-punk, quasi-emo masters, will play at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $43.

Join your friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels at the White Trash Halloween party at O on Miami Beach hosted by the Plain White T’s directly following their performance at the Fillmore. 10pm, Oct. 31 at 330

Lincoln Road. 305-531-2811

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...