Halloween events in Miami

Miami is the mecca of all things nightlife, and celebrating All Hallow’s Eve anywhere else would be a disgrace to Mr. Jack O’Lantern himself.

On campus

QuantUM presents “Little Shop of Horrors.” The musical is darkly humorous, telling the story of a nerdy florist worker who raises a plant that feeds off of human blood. It will be running at Hillel on October 28, 30, November 1 and 3. Show starts at 8 p.m.

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) is hosting its Cult Film Festival on Oct. 29 and 30, featuring movies such as “Boogie Nights” and “Trainspotting.” Free screenings begin at 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema.

On Wednesday, CAC will show “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

For more information, call Hurricane Productions at 305-284-4606.

Around Miami

The Beverly Hills Pajama Party Halloween: A costume ball and contest with guest, actress and former Playboy playmate Brande Roderick with music by DJs Irie, Secci and Joe Dert. 10 p.m. Oct. 31 Forge Restaurant, $20. 305-604-9798.?

The Fifth Nightclub Saints and Sinners Halloween: Costume party. Oct. 31. No cover. 305-538-9898.

Halloween Carnival: Games, costume contest and haunted house. 6-9 p.m. Oct. 31 Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center. Free admission, $3 for haunted house. 305-460-5600.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Classic film. 9 p.m. Oct. 31. Colony Theatre $22. 305-674-1040.

Halloween on the Mile: Haunted house, costume contest and a scavenger hunt. On Miracle Mile between Douglas and Le Jeune roads in Coral Gables. 5-9 p.m. Oct. 31, free admission. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.

*information collected from themiamiherald.com

If you want to go out on Wednesday, but not necessarily in costume, check out these non-Halloween events.

-British rockers The Cult will play at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets cost $26.50.

Fall Out Boy, the pop-punk, quasi-emo masters, will play at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $43.

Join your friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels at the White Trash Halloween party at O on Miami Beach hosted by the Plain White T’s directly following their performance at the Fillmore. 10pm, Oct. 31 at 330

Lincoln Road. 305-531-2811

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...