Halloween events in Miami

Miami is the mecca of all things nightlife, and celebrating All Hallow’s Eve anywhere else would be a disgrace to Mr. Jack O’Lantern himself.

On campus

QuantUM presents “Little Shop of Horrors.” The musical is darkly humorous, telling the story of a nerdy florist worker who raises a plant that feeds off of human blood. It will be running at Hillel on October 28, 30, November 1 and 3. Show starts at 8 p.m.

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) is hosting its Cult Film Festival on Oct. 29 and 30, featuring movies such as “Boogie Nights” and “Trainspotting.” Free screenings begin at 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema.

On Wednesday, CAC will show “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

For more information, call Hurricane Productions at 305-284-4606.

Around Miami

The Beverly Hills Pajama Party Halloween: A costume ball and contest with guest, actress and former Playboy playmate Brande Roderick with music by DJs Irie, Secci and Joe Dert. 10 p.m. Oct. 31 Forge Restaurant, $20. 305-604-9798.?

The Fifth Nightclub Saints and Sinners Halloween: Costume party. Oct. 31. No cover. 305-538-9898.

Halloween Carnival: Games, costume contest and haunted house. 6-9 p.m. Oct. 31 Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center. Free admission, $3 for haunted house. 305-460-5600.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Classic film. 9 p.m. Oct. 31. Colony Theatre $22. 305-674-1040.

Halloween on the Mile: Haunted house, costume contest and a scavenger hunt. On Miracle Mile between Douglas and Le Jeune roads in Coral Gables. 5-9 p.m. Oct. 31, free admission. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.

*information collected from themiamiherald.com

If you want to go out on Wednesday, but not necessarily in costume, check out these non-Halloween events.

-British rockers The Cult will play at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets cost $26.50.

Fall Out Boy, the pop-punk, quasi-emo masters, will play at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $43.

Join your friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels at the White Trash Halloween party at O on Miami Beach hosted by the Plain White T’s directly following their performance at the Fillmore. 10pm, Oct. 31 at 330

Lincoln Road. 305-531-2811

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

No. 7 seed Hurricanes staged a late comeback to win their opening game at the 2018 ACC Championship, ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...