Students produce weekly ‘Unofficial UM Podcast’

After just a few minutes of speaking with University of Miami senior Jordan Fulghum last spring, Carlos Garcia offered him an internship at his startup company.

“He just came across as a very down-to-earth guy,” said Garcia, co-founder and CEO of the photography-based blogging Web site, Scrapblog. “I saw some of the things he was doing with online media and knew he’d fit in.”

Fulghum, a visual communication major, has recently started producing The Unofficial UM Podcast with his two roommates, Morgan Cantrell and Dylan Connelly. The seven 30-minute podcasts are currently available for free on iTunes.

The podcasts are based on university-related happenings, and also include analysis of the 2008 presidential candidates-a different one each podcast.

In the most recent episode, Fulghum, Cantrell and Connelly take on intramural flag football, Miami weather and the university’s new emergency text messaging system.

“The nature of it is just so casual,” Fulghum said. “It’s just something we decided to do one day, and here we are.”

Fulghum said that he would like to eventually move on to online television. But for now, he is just enjoying the ride.

“I definitely want to continue podcasting,” Fulghum said. “I don’t know if it’ll be specifically about UM, but it’s something I want to keep doing.”

To subscribe to the Unofficial UM Podcast visit
unofficialumpodcast.com.

Zander Kean may be contacted at a.kean@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...