Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving
‘Canes start hot

The University of Miami swimming and diving team started the fall season with back-to-back wins against Florida International University and Florida Gulf Coast University.

The ‘Canes came out of the gun strong, especially against Florida Gulf Coast, and won 12 out of 13 events.

Against Florida Gulf Coast, the ‘Canes captured victories in the women’s 200 yard medley, women’s 1000 yard freestyle, women’s 200 yard freestyle, women’s 50 yard freestyle, women’s 400 yard IM, women’s one meter diving, women’s 200 yard butterfly, women’s 100 yard freestyle, women’s 500 yard freestyle, women’s three meter diving, women’s 200 yard breaststroke and women’s 400 yard freestyle relay.

The only event the Hurricanes could not capture a first place in was the women’s 200 yard backstroke.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...