Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving
‘Canes start hot

The University of Miami swimming and diving team started the fall season with back-to-back wins against Florida International University and Florida Gulf Coast University.

The ‘Canes came out of the gun strong, especially against Florida Gulf Coast, and won 12 out of 13 events.

Against Florida Gulf Coast, the ‘Canes captured victories in the women’s 200 yard medley, women’s 1000 yard freestyle, women’s 200 yard freestyle, women’s 50 yard freestyle, women’s 400 yard IM, women’s one meter diving, women’s 200 yard butterfly, women’s 100 yard freestyle, women’s 500 yard freestyle, women’s three meter diving, women’s 200 yard breaststroke and women’s 400 yard freestyle relay.

The only event the Hurricanes could not capture a first place in was the women’s 200 yard backstroke.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...