Kyle Wright has one last opportunity to get over the hump against Florida State. He must not turnover the football and do a better job executing passes downfield. Xavier Lee has had ups and downs, but has made more plays than Drew Weatherford. Lee is good on the run and has also thrown for five touchdowns.
Advantage: EVEN

It has been a nightmare for the Miami offensive line the past two seasons against the Seminoles. The group allowed one sack last week and must build on the game. Florida State has allowed 12 sacks on the year. The group has not done a great job opening holes for Antone Smith.
Advantage: EVEN

Javarris James has been a non-factor in ACC games and needs to perform up to his capabilities. The Hurricanes need a long run from Graig Cooper or Shawnbrey McNeal this week. Antone Smith has not lived up to the hype for the Seminoles. He has rushed for just 322 yards and three touchdowns this season.
Advantage: Miami

Sam Shields must have his number called often and catch some deep balls this week. Darnell Jenkins needs to be more involved and help the Hurricanes convert in third down situations. Greg Carr leads the Seminoles with 508 receiving yards and three touchdowns while Preston Parker has put up good numbers the past few weeks.
Advantage: Florida State

Calais Campbell needs to make an impact on Saturday. The Hurricanes are ravaged by injuries at defensive tackle and need players such as Vegas Franklin to fill the void effectively. Miami must contain Everette Brown, who has five sacks and eight tackles for a loss for the Seminoles.
Advantage: EVEN

Colin McCarthy’s return is a big plus for the Hurricanes, who have struggled to stop the run in recent weeks. Florida State has been solid on run defense this season. Geno Hayes leads the unit for the Seminoles with three sacks and 12 tackles for a loss while Derek Nicholson has a nose for the football with 44 tackles.
Advantage: Florida State

Miami’s cornerbacks must be ready to go up against the size and speed of the Seminole receivers. The Hurricanes need Kenny Phillips to have a productive game and help create turnovers. Florida State has more proven players and depth when you look at the two teams. Cornerbacks Tony Carter and Patrick Robinson have each recorded two interceptions.
Advantage: Florida State

This could be another game decided by special teams. The Hurricanes need to create a shorter field position for the offense. Matt Bosher must put together his best game while Francesco Zampogna needs to convert from short distance. Seminoles kicker Gary Cismesia is 8-for-11 on the season while Michael Ray Garvin and Preston Parker have both been productive returning kicks.
Advantage: Florida State

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

Women’s Commission’s 47th annual breakfast honors those who stand up to make a difference for women ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team hosts Florida Atlantic University at the James L. Knight Spo ...

The University of Miami Hurricane Club is excited to announce the official 2018 Building Champions S ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...