IKEA opens retail space in Sunrise

The famed Swedish home retailer giant IKEA opened its first Florida location this Wednesday in Sunrise. While the city government banned overnight camping for the store’s opening, this much-anticipated event was expected to attract over 25,000 customers on opening day and lines were estimated to begin forming two days prior to the event.

IKEA, known for its wide range of low-priced products, has created a seemingly cult-like international fan base. Sometimes referred to as a theme park, shopping at IKEA can easily turn into a full-day event. Children can be dropped off at the official IKEA-supervised play area. Ballroom shoppers are free to play (or shop) in the numerous show rooms. They can also take a break at the IKEA restaurant, which features Swedish and local daily dishes like the Swedish bistro. IKEA is the new one-stop shop for entertainment and home purchases alike.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...