IKEA opens retail space in Sunrise

The famed Swedish home retailer giant IKEA opened its first Florida location this Wednesday in Sunrise. While the city government banned overnight camping for the store’s opening, this much-anticipated event was expected to attract over 25,000 customers on opening day and lines were estimated to begin forming two days prior to the event.

IKEA, known for its wide range of low-priced products, has created a seemingly cult-like international fan base. Sometimes referred to as a theme park, shopping at IKEA can easily turn into a full-day event. Children can be dropped off at the official IKEA-supervised play area. Ballroom shoppers are free to play (or shop) in the numerous show rooms. They can also take a break at the IKEA restaurant, which features Swedish and local daily dishes like the Swedish bistro. IKEA is the new one-stop shop for entertainment and home purchases alike.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...