Commencing a reign of fabulousness

The Hurriqueen is a new advice column from a male student at the University of Miami.
Please look for his thoughts on a variety of issues every Monday.
Dear V‘s column will run Thursdays.

The Hurriqueen recently conversed with Opinion Editor Nayda Verier-Taylor.

Nayda Verier-Taylor: Hurriqueen? Why not Hurriking? I mean, you are of the male sex, are you not? Do tell.

HQ: Indeed, sweetheart. I am a male. But here’s the thing: All my life I’ve been called a “queen.” I’ve been degraded just because I prefer the penis over the va-jay-jay. And now that I have my very own advice column, I’m going to turn it all around on those bitches and make a negative a positive. I am queen. All hail.

NVT: What makes you qualified to give others advice on their sex lives, relationships and everyday affairs?

HQ: I genuinely want to see everyone on this campus transform themselves from victims into victors. I want the insecure to get laid; the one-minute man to last all night; and the closet cases to realize that people already know that they’re gay and don’t really care. And I hate to sound like I think I know it all, but I actually do.

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...

A ninth-inning solo home from Pittsburgh proved the difference Friday night, as Miami dropped the se ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Straight-set victories at the top four singles positions brought the University of Miami men's ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...