What’s going on?

October 8: Today

SpectrUM is hosting a “Come Out, Chill Out BBQ” at the Pearson volleyball courts from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students may stop by for food and a game of volleyball between classes.

Books & Books is hosting a book signing at 7:30 p.m. with Frank Romano, author of “Storm Over Morocco.” His book recounts his spiritual voyage to the Middle East, and he presently organizes and participates in interfaith events in Israel and Palestine.

October 9: Tuesday

The Wellness Center is hosting “Weight Loss: Why We Fail and How to Succeed” from noon to 1 p.m. in the Wellness Center classroom 1.

Hillel is hosting “Sukkah Lounge,” featuring sushi, hooka and live Brazilian music, from 8 to 11 p.m.

October 10: Wednesday

UM’s United Way Campaign will host “Taste of UM” from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Miller School Wellness Center, room C. UM-approved catering vendors will provide a variety of free food samples ranging from pasta to paella. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted.

CAC is screening “Hot Fuzz,” starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with ‘Cane Card.

SpectrUM is hosting Gay and Lesbian 101 in UC 245 at 8 p.m. as part of Coming Out Week.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...