Weird News

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, wedding on aisle two

In Springfield, Ohio, two lovers have tied the knot in the “exclusive” lawn and garden section of their local Wal-Mart. Chet Eldridge is an automotive manager and his new wife Danna Hornback is an arts-and-crafts associate at the store. They met at the staff orientation program. Hornback was delighted when Eldridge asked for a first date in the furniture department, and the couple was engaged not long after. The ceremony took place in the store during regular hours and cheers could be heard from across the store when the two were pronounced man and wife.

Pigs roam upscale michigan neighborhood

In Grand Rapids, Mich., nobody is quite sure how two potbellied pigs wound up in an upscale neighborhood. The wayward swine were spotted about 7 a.m. Wednesday. Animal control quickly netted one of the pigs, but they needed a little more time to capture the second one. The Grand Rapids Press says the pigs are thought to be escaped pets. Local resident Laurie Blase says she doesn’t know of any neighbors who kept pet pigs.

Man gets 5 months for killing ostrich

In Redwood City, Calif., a man has been sentenced to five months in jail and three years of probation for killing an ostrich in San Mateo County. Authorities say Jonathan Porter, his friend Timonthy McKevitt and a few others were drinking on Halloween last year and decided to trespass on a ranch. Gaylord the ostrich apparently grew incensed and attacked and injured both men. Porter and McKevitt later returned to the ranch with a rifle and shotgun and killed Gaylord. McKevitt will have to pay $5,000 in restitution for killing the ostrich. Porter has already served a five-month sentence.

A big baby

In Russia’s Altai region, a jumbo-sized baby was born. The 17.11-pound little girl has stunned her parents, who have 11 other children. The mother, Tatyana Barabanova, was overwhelmed by the sheer size and weight of her not-so-little bundle of joy, Nadia. However, the child does not quite hold the record for “heaviest baby.” According to Guinness World Records, the heaviest baby at birth was a huge 22.8-pound boy in Aversa, Italy, in 1955.

Compiled by Merika Vine and from news.yahoo.com

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Sea Secrets: Acclaimed Journalist Talks Sea Level-Rise ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...