Rude fans are disgrace to Hurricanes

I have always flown my ‘Canes flag proudly on game days. However, from what I was told by my wife’s nephew (a Texas A&M grad) who attended the football game on Sept. 20, I am not only disturbed but embarrassed as well. During the game, some Miami fans taunted and harassed the A&M fans (and players) with a “f*** the faggies” chant. This is absolutely and totally unacceptable!

Do the Miami fans fail to realize that the visiting team and their fans are guests? Would they treat guests in their homes like this? Do they not realize how this casts a horribly negative light on the school’s athletics, not to mention the community at large? How about the negative financial consequences this could have on the area? Who would want to return after being treated that way?

These chants and their accompanying belligerent attitudes make the school look very immature. I hope I never again hear of such behavior from Miami fans.

– Jim Sasso
Hurst, Texas

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...