Rude fans are disgrace to Hurricanes

I have always flown my ‘Canes flag proudly on game days. However, from what I was told by my wife’s nephew (a Texas A&M grad) who attended the football game on Sept. 20, I am not only disturbed but embarrassed as well. During the game, some Miami fans taunted and harassed the A&M fans (and players) with a “f*** the faggies” chant. This is absolutely and totally unacceptable!

Do the Miami fans fail to realize that the visiting team and their fans are guests? Would they treat guests in their homes like this? Do they not realize how this casts a horribly negative light on the school’s athletics, not to mention the community at large? How about the negative financial consequences this could have on the area? Who would want to return after being treated that way?

These chants and their accompanying belligerent attitudes make the school look very immature. I hope I never again hear of such behavior from Miami fans.

– Jim Sasso
Hurst, Texas

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...