What’s going on?

October 4: Today

Patio Jams will feature Cleaveland Jones, whose music is an eclectic mix of Brazilian beats, New Orleans funk and Caribbean reggae, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Muslim Students of UM (MSUM) will host the nationally sponsored Fast-A-Thon, which encourages non-Muslims to fast for one day. For each non-Muslim who participates, local businesses will pledge $1. All proceeds will go to a local charity. This event will take place at the UC Patio from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

October 5: Friday

The Department of Philosophy will host guest lecturer Roy Sorensen, professor of philosophy at Dartmouth College. His lecture “Mathematical Coincidences” is scheduled from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Center, room 140.

October 6: Saturday

“Be the Change: National Gandhi Day of Service” will meet today at the UC Rock at 8 a.m. and will run through 2 p.m. Contact UMGandhiDay@yahoo.com with your name, e-mail address, phone number and T-shirt size to volunteer.

October 7: Sunday

Cosford is screening “Casting About,” a feature documentary that allows the viewer to sit in the filmmaker’s seat and see and hear the casting experience, from 7 to 9 p.m.

October 8: Monday

Pick up a the latest copy of The Miami Hurricane newspaper, or visit TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...