What’s going on?

October 4: Today

Patio Jams will feature Cleaveland Jones, whose music is an eclectic mix of Brazilian beats, New Orleans funk and Caribbean reggae, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Muslim Students of UM (MSUM) will host the nationally sponsored Fast-A-Thon, which encourages non-Muslims to fast for one day. For each non-Muslim who participates, local businesses will pledge $1. All proceeds will go to a local charity. This event will take place at the UC Patio from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

October 5: Friday

The Department of Philosophy will host guest lecturer Roy Sorensen, professor of philosophy at Dartmouth College. His lecture “Mathematical Coincidences” is scheduled from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Center, room 140.

October 6: Saturday

“Be the Change: National Gandhi Day of Service” will meet today at the UC Rock at 8 a.m. and will run through 2 p.m. Contact UMGandhiDay@yahoo.com with your name, e-mail address, phone number and T-shirt size to volunteer.

October 7: Sunday

Cosford is screening “Casting About,” a feature documentary that allows the viewer to sit in the filmmaker’s seat and see and hear the casting experience, from 7 to 9 p.m.

October 8: Monday

Pick up a the latest copy of The Miami Hurricane newspaper, or visit TheMiamiHurricane.com.