What’s going on?

October 4: Today

Patio Jams will feature Cleaveland Jones, whose music is an eclectic mix of Brazilian beats, New Orleans funk and Caribbean reggae, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Muslim Students of UM (MSUM) will host the nationally sponsored Fast-A-Thon, which encourages non-Muslims to fast for one day. For each non-Muslim who participates, local businesses will pledge $1. All proceeds will go to a local charity. This event will take place at the UC Patio from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

October 5: Friday

The Department of Philosophy will host guest lecturer Roy Sorensen, professor of philosophy at Dartmouth College. His lecture “Mathematical Coincidences” is scheduled from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Center, room 140.

October 6: Saturday

“Be the Change: National Gandhi Day of Service” will meet today at the UC Rock at 8 a.m. and will run through 2 p.m. Contact UMGandhiDay@yahoo.com with your name, e-mail address, phone number and T-shirt size to volunteer.

October 7: Sunday

Cosford is screening “Casting About,” a feature documentary that allows the viewer to sit in the filmmaker’s seat and see and hear the casting experience, from 7 to 9 p.m.

October 8: Monday

Pick up a the latest copy of The Miami Hurricane newspaper, or visit TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...