Sports Briefs

Women’s Soccer
Dynamic freshman earns prestigious honor

The University of Miami women’s soccer team had a solid week, as they went 2-0, beating North Carolina State and No. 7 University of North Carolina.

Intertwined in the two wins were two great performances by freshman Brittney Steinbruch, who was named Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week for her efforts.

Steinbruch had a role in each of the Hurricanes’ goals against NC State and UNC. She recorded a goal and an assist in the 2-1 victory over NC State, and she had the lone goal in the 1-0 win over UNC. Additionally, both of her goals were game winners.

Steinbruch’s efforts have placed the Hurricanes at 2-0 in ACC play.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes fall at All-American Championship

Freshman Carl Sundberg and sophomore J.C. Whitner advanced to day two of the pre-qualifying at the 2007 Polo Ralph Lauren All-American Tennis Championship.

On day two, the players put up solid efforts, but they saw their runs come to an end in the third round of play, as Sundberg fell 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7), and Whitner fell 6-4, 7-5.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes put up good effort but lose at matches

The Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team saw seniors Caren Seenauth and Romy Farah take the court at the pre-qualifying round of the 2007 Riviera/ITA Women’s All-American Championships.

Seenauth fought hard, advancing to the second round, but she then saw her run come to an end, as she fell 6-0, 6-2.

Farah was unable to get out of the first round, falling 6-2, 6-1.

The pair also competed in doubles play, but they were unable to win a final pre-qualifying match, losing 8-5.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...