Weird News

Are two always better?

A two-headed turtle has been bought by a pet shop owner to liven up his display window and lure customers. The tiny turtle can sit comfortably on a silver dollar, and a turtle collector had raised the turtle for the first two months of its life before it became star of said pet shop in Norristown, Pa.

The “twins” share a set of back feet and one tail but there are two heads sticking out from either side of the shell. They also have separate pairs of front feet.

With a life expectancy of 15 to 20 years, the turtle seems healthy and happy with his new owners, as do they with their new superstar. The store, Big Al’s Aquarium Supercenter in East Norriton, would not disclose how much they paid for “the twins” and have yet decided on a name.

Shoe thief

A man in Kenosha, Wis. has owned up to stealing over 1,500 pairs of girls’ shoes from schools in the area.

Erik D. Heinrich made his guilty plea on Sept. 27 and told police officials that his motivation was sexual gratification. Heinrich is due to be sentenced on Oct. 23.

After searching his home in May, police found the hundreds of missing shoes held hostage in a storage unit and identified him as being the “burglar” caught on the schools’ security videotapes. Heinrich, a cable company worker, gained keys to the different schools as he worked on the schools’ wiring. The crimes were only discovered when numerous female students reported that their lockers had been tampered with and their shoes were missing.

Undoubtedly, Heinrich will receive a harsh punishment for his antics, as this is second “shoe-stealing” conviction. In 2005, he completed a year of probation and 50 hours of community service due to his bizarre fetish.

Complied by Merika Vine

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...