What’s going on?

September 27: Today

Patio Jams will feature the Miami folk legend, troubadour, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Jesse Jackson from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Category 5 is hosting a pep rally at the UC Rock from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. There will be free pizza and giveaways.

UM CAUSA is hosting “Generation X-ile Speaker Series: A Conversation with Giancarlo Sopo” in UC Room 237 from 7 to 8 p.m. to discuss the future of the exile community in America.

Wanna get “Off”? “Off the Wire,” a student-produced comedy show, will tape their second show of the season at 8 p.m. in Studio C at the School of Communication.

September 28: Friday

The educational workshop Be S.A.F.E., featuring speakers from UMPD and SART, will feature a self-awareness game and self-defense presentation in the Eaton Master’s Apartment from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

September 29: Saturday

Delta Gamma is hosting “United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation 5K Run/Walk” at the UC Rock from 8 to 9 a.m. The cost of the race is $10 to pre-register and $12 to register today.

September 30: Sunday

The UM Equestrian Team is hosting an exhibition and fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Tally Ho Farm, located on the corner of 118th Avenue and 64th Street. The event is free and open to the public.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...