This novel’s mystery isn’t in the plot

Author Meg Cabot, best known for “The Princess Diaries,” is releasing her third novel in the Heather Wells series this coming November, “Big Boned.” The book follows the 30-year-old pop star-turned-detective who finds herself in another murder mystery when her boss is murdered on the college campus where she works. For Wells readers, yes, this is her third boss-three books, three dead bosses.

Sadly, there are no new tricks in the plot. It is more like a watered-down murder mystery, sans any real mystery (aside from the frivolous use of modern mystery red herrings) and any real sleuthing.

Aside from a poorly-executed mystery, Cabot’s foray into the genre of “chick lit” lends itself to a poorly-executed romantic comedy that, similar to the murder mystery plot, is trite, clich

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...