The classification of college party-goers

If you sit outside one of the residential colleges on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night, you may find yourself overwhelmed by an eclectic array of college “going-outers.” If you don’t know exactly which group of going-outers you belong to, this list may serve as a stepping stone in helping you figure out your place in the night life bunch.

The LBDs:
aka The Little Black Dresses

Characteristics: An LBD cannot be seen wearing her dress two centimeters past her behind-that is far too long. The dress must show ample cleavage and be accompanied by a pair of at least 12 inch stilettos that cannot be walked in without risking spinal cord injury.

Can be found at: South Beach, namely Mansion.
Can be found with: Papi Chulos.
Sole Purpose: Seduce men.

The PCs
aka The Papi Chulos

Characteristics: Papi Chulos generally wear nice button down shirts, usually leaving at least two buttons undone. They do this to make the ladies AND the gentlemen swoon. They have a bewitching way with words and never go back to their dorms without signing someone in.

Can be found with: The LBDs.
Sole Purpose: Seduce anyone.

The JSs
aka The Jean Skirts

Characteristics: The JSs won’t be spotted with fewer than four members in their group. They must all wear white tank tops and giggle-nonstop.

Can be found at: The Grove or any house party.
Can be found with: The Preppies.
Sole Purpose: Get “crunk” and hook up with Preppies.

The Preppies
aka The Popped Collars

Characteristics: The Preps usually wear bright colored shirts with popped collars for unknown reasons, since they are always trying to prove their masculinity. They move in packs and can cause blindness with their neon pink Lacoste shirts.

Can be found at: Tavern or any house party.
Can be found with: The JSs
Sole Purpose: When not popping their collars, they’re busy popping something else.

The Partiers
aka The ones dressing up to go to themed parties.

Characteristics: They’re always seen wearing outfits ranging from togas to lingerie to sombreros. Eccentric accessories make them easy to spot.

Can be found at: Various soir

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...