Roommates from hell

“The second week of school I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard some noise. I opened my eyes and realized my roommate was having sex in the bed next to me! I didn’t know what to do. Do I make it super awkward and be like, ‘Hey guys, I’m awake!’ or just pretend I was still asleep? I ended up pretending to be asleep, and the guy was still there the next morning naked. Later my roommate told me that ‘nothing happened’ between them.”

-Anonymous; Hecht, Pentland Tower; sophomore

“I had a suitemate who had severe ADHD, which is fine, but he stopped taking his medication for a week. His side of the room was so filthy that ants were having a party under his bed. So, one Saturday morning, we all went to go eat breakfast. When we came back, we saw his bed in the hallway along with the green lining that’s glued to the base of the floor. We went into the room and saw the carpet folded back, and he was on his hands and knees in boxers combating the ants with a bleach pen. He made a perimeter of bleach around his entire side of the room to prevent any ants from coming in. The thousands of ants that couldn’t escape were individually circled in bleach. When we walked in, the first thing he said was, ‘Check this out. When the ants hit the bleach, they start walking backwards in circles until they die.’ There was so much bleach in the room that we couldn’t be in there for longer than a minute. Only he slept in the room that night. Needless to say, he missed every class the next day.”

-Michael Williams, junior

“My roommate is very.interesting. Sometimes I wake up and my roommate will be standing over me, staring. And the first night I got a shock when she was standing stark naked in front of me.”

-Anonymous; Hecht, Pentland Tower; freshman

“My roommate lied about me a lot. I’d hear her on the phone in the morning and she would tell people that I didn’t come in until 1 a.m., when really she was the one who would come back drunk every weekend. And she went through my stuff constantly. I eventually left notes hidden inside my drawers for her to find.”

-Anonymous; Stanford, Walsh Tower; sophomore

Have a horror story?
Visit www.TheMiamiHurricane.com to submit your story anonymously.

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Sea Secrets: Acclaimed Journalist Talks Sea Level-Rise ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...