Made with emotion

James Blunt is back with his sophomore album “All the Lost Souls.” The pop singer-songwriter out of Britain hit it big in 2006 with the number one single “You’re Beautiful” off of his successful debut CD “Back to Bedlam.”

Fans of his first album will be pleased with “All the Lost Souls.” Its heavy with the same pop ballads of his debut, and his signature voice is just as alluring as in “Back to Bedlam.” Most songs are either acoustic or piano ballads, many of which are comparable to the styles of Damien Rice or Coldplay, and though Blunt may not be up to the qualitative level of either, he does have the potential.

The album opens with “1973,” a catchy pop song with a hint of disco that was inspired by nights Blunt spent at Pacha, a club in Ibiza that opened while he was living there and recording the album. For anyone familiar with popular music of the 70s, it’s reminiscent of the music of the Bee gees, especially because of Blunt’s high falsetto voice.

The entire albums flows with the same emotion and authenticity that Blunt achieved with “Back to Bedlam.”

For fans of mellow music by sensitive singer-songwriters, “All the Lost Souls” will be a perfect addition to your music collection.

Erin Schlissel may be contacted at e.schliessel@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...