Made with emotion

James Blunt is back with his sophomore album “All the Lost Souls.” The pop singer-songwriter out of Britain hit it big in 2006 with the number one single “You’re Beautiful” off of his successful debut CD “Back to Bedlam.”

Fans of his first album will be pleased with “All the Lost Souls.” Its heavy with the same pop ballads of his debut, and his signature voice is just as alluring as in “Back to Bedlam.” Most songs are either acoustic or piano ballads, many of which are comparable to the styles of Damien Rice or Coldplay, and though Blunt may not be up to the qualitative level of either, he does have the potential.

The album opens with “1973,” a catchy pop song with a hint of disco that was inspired by nights Blunt spent at Pacha, a club in Ibiza that opened while he was living there and recording the album. For anyone familiar with popular music of the 70s, it’s reminiscent of the music of the Bee gees, especially because of Blunt’s high falsetto voice.

The entire albums flows with the same emotion and authenticity that Blunt achieved with “Back to Bedlam.”

For fans of mellow music by sensitive singer-songwriters, “All the Lost Souls” will be a perfect addition to your music collection.

Erin Schlissel may be contacted at e.schliessel@umiami.edu.

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...