‘Canes dominate Aggies 24-0 at half

POSTED SEPT. 20 AT 9:45 P.M.

The Miami Hurricanes are back.

With the stands as full as they have been all season, Randy Shannon’s team walked on the field with something prove Thursday night.

The ‘Canes performance against Florida International fell below expectations, though they won 23-9. The 51-13 loss to Oklahoma in Norman was embarrassing.

Not in the first 30 minutes of play Thursday night.

The ‘Canes made a statement on national television in the first half against No. 20-ranked Texas A&M, scoring three touchdowns and one field goal.

A defense that had been underperforming so far this season has three turnovers.

A senior quarterback who lost the starting spot at the beginning of the season is 15-for-19.

A freshman running back has two touchdowns.

It appears as though greatness has now arrived at the Orange Bowl for this final season at the horseshoe-shaped stadium.

The experienced and the newcomer–Kyle Wright and Graig Cooper–are leading the way as Miami goes into halftime.

With confidence and momentum.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...