‘Canes dominate Aggies 24-0 at half

POSTED SEPT. 20 AT 9:45 P.M.

The Miami Hurricanes are back.

With the stands as full as they have been all season, Randy Shannon’s team walked on the field with something prove Thursday night.

The ‘Canes performance against Florida International fell below expectations, though they won 23-9. The 51-13 loss to Oklahoma in Norman was embarrassing.

Not in the first 30 minutes of play Thursday night.

The ‘Canes made a statement on national television in the first half against No. 20-ranked Texas A&M, scoring three touchdowns and one field goal.

A defense that had been underperforming so far this season has three turnovers.

A senior quarterback who lost the starting spot at the beginning of the season is 15-for-19.

A freshman running back has two touchdowns.

It appears as though greatness has now arrived at the Orange Bowl for this final season at the horseshoe-shaped stadium.

The experienced and the newcomer–Kyle Wright and Graig Cooper–are leading the way as Miami goes into halftime.

With confidence and momentum.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...