Letter to the editor

On Saturday I was at the FIU game, staying until the end as always. After Kyle Wright threw the last interception, I couldn’t help but notice that half of the stadium was EMPTY, while about an hour earlier it was very full. Those who left cannot seriously call themselves fans.

Those who only stay until they are sure of the game’s outcome are not serious followers of the school. I believe a true fan should stay until the end, no matter the outcome. There is a term for those who only support a team when that team is winning-and I do not use [this term loosely]-but I believe that these people are “bandwagon” fans.

Bandwagon fan is a term used by a die-hard fan to describe those who only follow the team when they are winning, hopping on the bandwagon and then jumping off and criticizing the team when they start to lose. So for those who wish to leave early, go ahead; it makes it easier for the true fans to leave when the game’s really over.

-Joel Solomon, junior

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...