Letter to the editor

On Saturday I was at the FIU game, staying until the end as always. After Kyle Wright threw the last interception, I couldn’t help but notice that half of the stadium was EMPTY, while about an hour earlier it was very full. Those who left cannot seriously call themselves fans.

Those who only stay until they are sure of the game’s outcome are not serious followers of the school. I believe a true fan should stay until the end, no matter the outcome. There is a term for those who only support a team when that team is winning-and I do not use [this term loosely]-but I believe that these people are “bandwagon” fans.

Bandwagon fan is a term used by a die-hard fan to describe those who only follow the team when they are winning, hopping on the bandwagon and then jumping off and criticizing the team when they start to lose. So for those who wish to leave early, go ahead; it makes it easier for the true fans to leave when the game’s really over.

-Joel Solomon, junior

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...