Sports Briefs

‘Canes in the NFL
Good news for Everett

Former University of Miami, and current Buffalo Bills’, tight end Kevin Everett sustained a horrific injury last Sunday in the Bills’ season opener. Everett was injured while tackling the Denver Broncos’ Domenik Hixon. Everett ducked his head while making a tackle, and he immediately dropped to the ground after connecting with his head.

Orthopedic surgeon Andrew Cappuccino, who initially thought the injury suffered by Everett could be life-threatening or leave Everett unable to walk, is now optimistic that Everett will walk again.

This new outlook is a result of the fact that when Everett’s sedation levels were lowered on Tuesday, Everett was able to respond to verbal commands and had voluntary movement in his arms and legs.

Everett is still under sedation and breathing through a respirator, as doctors are waiting for swelling to lessen. Thus, Everett is still in the intensive care unit of Buffalo’s Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital.

Women’s Golf
‘Canes 4th at Cougar Classic

Fusion Innovative Market has announced the release of “The Spirit of the U” University of Miami cereal box. The cereal boxes, which are a limited edition item, will be sold exclusively at Publix Supermarkets. Additionally, the boxes will be sold only in select regions of Florida.

Along with University of Miami cereal boxes, the company has also announced the release of University of Florida and Florida State University cereal boxes.

“Publix Supermarkets has been a great partner over the last few years and has seen the value in supporting these great programs,” Fusion President Jay Freedman said. “We are very excited to launch the UM and FSU programs so that fans can now wake up to their favorite school. All three schools have dynamic marketing teams, who saw the value in bringing these concepts to their fans.”

FIU Game Saturday
UM Student Government aids ticket availability

When UM Student Government President Danny Carvajal heard that no tickets had been reserved for the FIU students, he contacted the Panthers’ Student Government.

According to Carvajal, the FIU students would reserve 2500 tickets only if they were given the price of $1.00 per ticket.
Carvajal plans to address President Donna E. Shalala and Miami Mayor Manny Diaz to request that the fee be waived and 2500 FIU students receive free tickets to Saturday’s game.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...