Students witness history at forum

With 17 million votes on the line, seven candidates addressed 44 million possible Hispanic viewers during Foro Presedencial Democrata-the first such national Spanish-language event-at the BankUnited Center on Sept. 9.

Organized by Univision in collaboration with the University of Miami, the candidates discussed issues important to the Hispanic community in front of an audience of 3,500. But are the concerns of Hispanic Americans different from the majority of voters?

“On a certain level, many things such as education, healthcare, employment opportunities and the war in Iraq affect all Americans-not just Hispanics,” said Susan Purcell, director of the Center for Hemispheric Policy. “Still this [was]an opportunity to focus on the increasingly important Hispanic community, and acknowledge their vote.”

Elena Smukler, president of the Federaci

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...