Student reactions to Destino 2008

“How [the forum]was presented was distracting,” Hien Tran, a junior, said. “Some candidates weren’t asked certain questions even though it seemed like they wanted to answer them. They focused too much on Hillary and Barack.”

“Obama seemed like he was defending himself,” Julian Jean-Francois, an alumnus, said. “I wanted him to take a stand.”

“The ticket is going to Hillary or Obama, but Hillary is more experienced and seemed more eloquent, while Obama was kind of jittery,” Leslie Elus, an alumnus, said.

“Kucinich had a very good healthcare argument, but I wouldn’t vote for him because he just doesn’t have a chance,” Gabrielle Officer, a junior, said. “He doesn’t have enough political pull.”

Barack should have thrown up the U and been less stiff,” Andrew Doyle, a senior, said.

“My opinion of every candidate changed, and [before this]I had no idea where they stood on certain issues,” Kendra Anderson, a sophomore, said.

“It was such an educational experience,” Lorell Guerrero, a freshman, said. “It was so incredible that all of the candidates came to the U. To be able to reach out was really important to me. Also, the attention they placed on the Latin community was infinitely important for this upcoming election.”

“Before I had an idea of who the candidates were, but now I am partly more titled to the Republican side as a result of seeing where the [democratic]candidates stood,” Marta Cuervo, a sophomore, said.

Compiled by Jenny Safstrom, Lauren Buck, Chelsea Isaacs and Padma Sarvepalli.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...