Student reactions to Destino 2008

“How [the forum]was presented was distracting,” Hien Tran, a junior, said. “Some candidates weren’t asked certain questions even though it seemed like they wanted to answer them. They focused too much on Hillary and Barack.”

“Obama seemed like he was defending himself,” Julian Jean-Francois, an alumnus, said. “I wanted him to take a stand.”

“The ticket is going to Hillary or Obama, but Hillary is more experienced and seemed more eloquent, while Obama was kind of jittery,” Leslie Elus, an alumnus, said.

“Kucinich had a very good healthcare argument, but I wouldn’t vote for him because he just doesn’t have a chance,” Gabrielle Officer, a junior, said. “He doesn’t have enough political pull.”

Barack should have thrown up the U and been less stiff,” Andrew Doyle, a senior, said.

“My opinion of every candidate changed, and [before this]I had no idea where they stood on certain issues,” Kendra Anderson, a sophomore, said.

“It was such an educational experience,” Lorell Guerrero, a freshman, said. “It was so incredible that all of the candidates came to the U. To be able to reach out was really important to me. Also, the attention they placed on the Latin community was infinitely important for this upcoming election.”

“Before I had an idea of who the candidates were, but now I am partly more titled to the Republican side as a result of seeing where the [democratic]candidates stood,” Marta Cuervo, a sophomore, said.

Compiled by Jenny Safstrom, Lauren Buck, Chelsea Isaacs and Padma Sarvepalli.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...