Student reactions to Destino 2008

“How [the forum]was presented was distracting,” Hien Tran, a junior, said. “Some candidates weren’t asked certain questions even though it seemed like they wanted to answer them. They focused too much on Hillary and Barack.”

“Obama seemed like he was defending himself,” Julian Jean-Francois, an alumnus, said. “I wanted him to take a stand.”

“The ticket is going to Hillary or Obama, but Hillary is more experienced and seemed more eloquent, while Obama was kind of jittery,” Leslie Elus, an alumnus, said.

“Kucinich had a very good healthcare argument, but I wouldn’t vote for him because he just doesn’t have a chance,” Gabrielle Officer, a junior, said. “He doesn’t have enough political pull.”

Barack should have thrown up the U and been less stiff,” Andrew Doyle, a senior, said.

“My opinion of every candidate changed, and [before this]I had no idea where they stood on certain issues,” Kendra Anderson, a sophomore, said.

“It was such an educational experience,” Lorell Guerrero, a freshman, said. “It was so incredible that all of the candidates came to the U. To be able to reach out was really important to me. Also, the attention they placed on the Latin community was infinitely important for this upcoming election.”

“Before I had an idea of who the candidates were, but now I am partly more titled to the Republican side as a result of seeing where the [democratic]candidates stood,” Marta Cuervo, a sophomore, said.

Compiled by Jenny Safstrom, Lauren Buck, Chelsea Isaacs and Padma Sarvepalli.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...