Shalala scheduled to discuss Univision forum at 11 a.m.

POSTED SEPT. 7 AT 2:10 A.M.

Please visit www.com.miami.edu or tune into UMTV channel 96 to watch the conference live.

President Donna E. Shalala is scheduled to participate in a press conference dealing with Sunday’s Univision forum. She will speak Friday morning in Studio C of the School of Communication.

Rudy Fernandez, vice president of government affairs, and Jacqueline Menendez, vice president for University Communications, are also scheduled to attend the event, which is geared towards the student press.

The press conferences comes two days before Sunday’s Univision forum, the first such debate to be translated into Spanish.

A similar event for Republican candidates was effectively canceled due to a lack of participation. Only Sen. John McCain of New Mexico agreed to attend, while the other candidates cited “scheduling conflicts.”

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...