Shalala scheduled to discuss Univision forum at 11 a.m.

POSTED SEPT. 7 AT 2:10 A.M.

Please visit www.com.miami.edu or tune into UMTV channel 96 to watch the conference live.

President Donna E. Shalala is scheduled to participate in a press conference dealing with Sunday’s Univision forum. She will speak Friday morning in Studio C of the School of Communication.

Rudy Fernandez, vice president of government affairs, and Jacqueline Menendez, vice president for University Communications, are also scheduled to attend the event, which is geared towards the student press.

The press conferences comes two days before Sunday’s Univision forum, the first such debate to be translated into Spanish.

A similar event for Republican candidates was effectively canceled due to a lack of participation. Only Sen. John McCain of New Mexico agreed to attend, while the other candidates cited “scheduling conflicts.”

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...