Shalala scheduled to discuss Univision forum at 11 a.m.

POSTED SEPT. 7 AT 2:10 A.M.

Please visit www.com.miami.edu or tune into UMTV channel 96 to watch the conference live.

President Donna E. Shalala is scheduled to participate in a press conference dealing with Sunday’s Univision forum. She will speak Friday morning in Studio C of the School of Communication.

Rudy Fernandez, vice president of government affairs, and Jacqueline Menendez, vice president for University Communications, are also scheduled to attend the event, which is geared towards the student press.

The press conferences comes two days before Sunday’s Univision forum, the first such debate to be translated into Spanish.

A similar event for Republican candidates was effectively canceled due to a lack of participation. Only Sen. John McCain of New Mexico agreed to attend, while the other candidates cited “scheduling conflicts.”

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...