What’s Going On?

August 30, Today

Join President Donna E. Shalala, Head Coach Randy Shannon, Band of the Hour, Cheerleaders and Sebastian for a pep rally from 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the Rock. Students may pick up free food and a t-shirt with $2 donation.

Students interested in international politics may attend, “Asian Security: India and China: The Key Players of the 21st Century.” China expert June Teufel Dreyer and Madhav Das Nalapat, Professor at Manipal University, India, will both speak at 6:30 p.m. in the Memorial Classroom Building, room 203. To R.S.V.P., call 305-284-8782.

SpectrUM is hosting a back-to-school bash tonight in UC Flamingo Ballroom from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m

August 31, Friday

The Cosford Cinema will screen the movie “In Between Days” from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and “Lady Chatterley” from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

The Canes Outdoor Recreation Program’s will meet from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. behind Brunstetter House (Apartment 22). Prospective members can discuss and sign up for this semester’s trips. Bring chips, drinks or desserts to share at the BBQ and $20 dues for the semester.

September 1, Saturday

The first football gave against Marshall will begin at 12:00 p.m. at the Orange Bowl. Students must bring ‘Cane Card for entry.

September 2, Sunday

Today is the last day of the Clay and Brush exhibit , which documents more than 1,000 Chinese ceramic works, at the Lowe Art Museum.

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...