What’s Going On?

August 30, Today

Join President Donna E. Shalala, Head Coach Randy Shannon, Band of the Hour, Cheerleaders and Sebastian for a pep rally from 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the Rock. Students may pick up free food and a t-shirt with $2 donation.

Students interested in international politics may attend, “Asian Security: India and China: The Key Players of the 21st Century.” China expert June Teufel Dreyer and Madhav Das Nalapat, Professor at Manipal University, India, will both speak at 6:30 p.m. in the Memorial Classroom Building, room 203. To R.S.V.P., call 305-284-8782.

SpectrUM is hosting a back-to-school bash tonight in UC Flamingo Ballroom from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m

August 31, Friday

The Cosford Cinema will screen the movie “In Between Days” from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and “Lady Chatterley” from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

The Canes Outdoor Recreation Program’s will meet from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. behind Brunstetter House (Apartment 22). Prospective members can discuss and sign up for this semester’s trips. Bring chips, drinks or desserts to share at the BBQ and $20 dues for the semester.

September 1, Saturday

The first football gave against Marshall will begin at 12:00 p.m. at the Orange Bowl. Students must bring ‘Cane Card for entry.

September 2, Sunday

Today is the last day of the Clay and Brush exhibit , which documents more than 1,000 Chinese ceramic works, at the Lowe Art Museum.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...