Mark Your Calendar

August 30

Thursday: Film

Documentarian D.A. Pennebaker captured pieces of legendary musicians in his films “Jimi plays Monterey” (1986) & “Shake! Otis at Monterey” (1989) which will play at Upper East Side Garden as part of the Thursday Janus Film Night. Gates open at 6pm and tickets are seven dollars and include picnic mats, a bag of popcorn and a drink.

September 1

Saturday: Visual Arts

Being another year older can be a good thing. Forty contemporary artists from Israel and North America show their optimism through a mixed-media exhibition, “The Art of Aging,” at The Jewish Museum of Florida, located at 301 Washington Ave.. Tickets are six dollars and the exhibit runs through Sept. 23.

September 6

Speaker

At 8am, Former President Bill Clinton will visit Coral Gable’s Books & Books as part of his national book tour for “Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World.” You must have a voucher to participate in this event. Visit booksandbooks.com for more information.

September 10

Concert

Tigercity with Stylofone performing at Studio A.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...