UM, Univision to host Democratic forum at BankUnited Center

On Sep. 9 the University of Miami will host the first presidential candidate forum designed specifically for Hispanic Americans.
Univision Communications Inc., the nation’s leading Spanish language media company, will broadcast the event during primetime using simultaneous Spanish translation. Maria Elena Salinas and Jorge Ramos, both award-winning Univision news anchors, will moderate the forum.

The Hispanic community is the fastest growing segment of the electorate, and currently 27 million Hispanics are eligible to vote. The candidates will focus on issues that are relevant to this demographic.

Early ticket distribution for the forum will begin on Aug. 29 at the information desk in the University Center. Tickets are required and are available on a first-come, first-served basis from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students must present their ‘Cane Cards at the desk.

UM also plans to host a republican candidate forum on Sep. 16. Additional information will be available in the coming weeks.

Karyn Meshbane may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...