‘America’s Best Interviewer’ to deliver convocation address

“Meet the Press” moderator and managing editor Tim Russert will speak at the BankUnited Center on Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m. as part of the university’s fourth fall convocation.

Russert, who has moderated several political debates, including one of the Presidential Election Debates in 2004, plans to present “A View from Washington” to the UM community.

Voted “America’s Best Interviewer” in 2004 by Reader’s Digest, Russert has interviewed influential politicians such as President George Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

He began to work for NBC News in 1984 as a political analyst and currently works as their Washington bureau chief.

Students planning to attend the event must present their ‘Cane Cards at the front door.

Karyn Meshbane is the News Editor and may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...