Whitely celebrating ten years and counting as VPSA

For the past 10 years Patricia A. Whitely, the University of Miami’s vice president of Student Affairs, has overseen 140 staff members, 11 colleges and schools and more than 15,000 students. She is responsible for the residence halls, Wellness Center, health services, counseling services, international student services, Multicultural Student Affairs, career planning and placement, and Division of Student Life.

In addition to her role at UM, Whitely plays a role in the surrounding community. Whitely has served as the UM Chairperson for United Way for the past three years, and as the chairperson for the City of Coral Gables Community Relations Committee.

Whitely has received multiple honors, including induction into the Iron Arrow Honor Society.

Whitely received her Bachelor’s degree from St. John’s University, her Master’s degree from the University of South Carolina and her doctorate in higher education from the University of Miami.

Karyn Meshbane may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...