Whitely celebrating ten years and counting as VPSA

For the past 10 years Patricia A. Whitely, the University of Miami’s vice president of Student Affairs, has overseen 140 staff members, 11 colleges and schools and more than 15,000 students. She is responsible for the residence halls, Wellness Center, health services, counseling services, international student services, Multicultural Student Affairs, career planning and placement, and Division of Student Life.

In addition to her role at UM, Whitely plays a role in the surrounding community. Whitely has served as the UM Chairperson for United Way for the past three years, and as the chairperson for the City of Coral Gables Community Relations Committee.

Whitely has received multiple honors, including induction into the Iron Arrow Honor Society.

Whitely received her Bachelor’s degree from St. John’s University, her Master’s degree from the University of South Carolina and her doctorate in higher education from the University of Miami.

Karyn Meshbane may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...