Tim Russert to speak at fourth annual fall convocation

POSTED AUG. 15 AT 9:50 P.M.

“Meet the Press” moderator and managing editor Tim Russert will speak at the BankUnited Center on Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m. as part of the university’s fourth fall convocation

Russert, who has moderated several political debates including one of the Presidential Election Debates in 2004, plans to present “A View from Washington” to the UM community.

Voted “America’s Best Interviewer” in 2004 by Reader’s Digest, Russert has interviewed influential politicians such as President George Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

He began to work for NBC News in 1984 as a political analyst and currently works as their Washington bureau chief.

Students planning to attend the event must present their ‘Cane Cards at the front door.

Karyn Meshbane is the News Editor and may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...