Tim Russert to speak at fourth annual fall convocation

POSTED AUG. 15 AT 9:50 P.M.

“Meet the Press” moderator and managing editor Tim Russert will speak at the BankUnited Center on Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m. as part of the university’s fourth fall convocation

Russert, who has moderated several political debates including one of the Presidential Election Debates in 2004, plans to present “A View from Washington” to the UM community.

Voted “America’s Best Interviewer” in 2004 by Reader’s Digest, Russert has interviewed influential politicians such as President George Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

He began to work for NBC News in 1984 as a political analyst and currently works as their Washington bureau chief.

Students planning to attend the event must present their ‘Cane Cards at the front door.

Karyn Meshbane is the News Editor and may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...