Suspect in UM student death arrested

POSTED JULY 22 AT 11:50 P.M.

The man suspected of killing University of Miami freshman Michelle Shore in a Feb. 24 car accident was arrested on July 16 in Broward County.

Police charged Ramon Herrera, 26, with vehicular homicide and manslaughter while driving under the influence and causing the death of Shore, a pre-law student attending UM on a full scholarship.

Sgt. Mark Wysocky, a Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson, told the Sun-Sentinel that five months is a typical time period between an accident and an arrest in a homicide case.

“By the time you get the drug results back, it usually takes this long,” Wysocky said.

Karyn Meshbane is the News Editor and may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...