Sports Briefs:Rowing, Men’s Tennis

Rowing: ‘Canes finish fourth

The Miami Hurricanes’ rowing squads registered a fourth place team effort at the Atlantic Coast Conference Rowing Championship. The Hurricanes totaled 25 team points, coming behind Virginia, Clemson and Duke, respectively.

Both Miami’s Varsity Four-Jessica Cruz, Stacey Kerr, Julianne Parker, Sarah Stocks and Rachel Sporko-and the Varsity 8-Meghan Leydecker, Laura Cordner, Sarah Conlon, Laura Coltman, Kelly Amsler, Caitlin Augustin, Emy Hunsman, Karen Wiley, and Natasha Lejer-finished in fourth place. Additionally, the Hurricanes’ JV 8 finished in fifth place, while the Novice 8 finished in sixth place.

“It was a very well-called race and we met all of our specified goals, making it a very positive experience,” Varsity 8 crew member Caitlin Augustin said. “We are psyched for centrals!”

Additionally, two Hurricanes, senior Laura Coltman and sophomore Laura Cordner, were selected as part of the 14-member All-ACC team. For Coltman, this was her second honor, while it was the first for Cordner.

Men’s Tennis: Cohen reaches the top

Josh Cohen is the Miami Hurricanes’ winningest men’s tennis player ever. The senior from Weston, Fla. has been a very productive member of the Hurricanes’ squad for four seasons.

In his Hurricane career, he has played in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 singles positions, and he has flourished in every position. Additionally, Cohen has recorded 90 singles wins and 81 doubles wins in his Hurricanes career.

He has been a constant over the last four seasons and will be surely missed, on the court and in the locker room, after this season.

NFL Draft information compiled by Pravin Patel. Rowing and tennis information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...