Faculty Senate elects 2007-08 chair, vice chairs

The University of Miami Faculty Senate reelected Stephen Sapp, professor and chair of the Department of Religious Studies, for the 2007-2008 term.

The vote, which took place May 2, also saw the election of Sherrill Hayes, professor and chair of the Department of Physical Therapy, as first vice chair and Rene Sacasas, professor and chair of the Department of Business Law, as second vice chair.

The Faculty Senate, which deals with academic policies, new program and degree approvals, annual budgets, faculty grievances, and chair and dean reviews, meets once a month during the academic year.

Senate officials are elected annually, while senators from each school are elected for three year terms.

A current list of faculty senators, meeting dates and contact information may be found at www.miami.edu/FacultySenate.

Kelly Herson may be contacted at k.herson@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...