Faculty Senate elects 2007-08 chair, vice chairs

The University of Miami Faculty Senate reelected Stephen Sapp, professor and chair of the Department of Religious Studies, for the 2007-2008 term.

The vote, which took place May 2, also saw the election of Sherrill Hayes, professor and chair of the Department of Physical Therapy, as first vice chair and Rene Sacasas, professor and chair of the Department of Business Law, as second vice chair.

The Faculty Senate, which deals with academic policies, new program and degree approvals, annual budgets, faculty grievances, and chair and dean reviews, meets once a month during the academic year.

Senate officials are elected annually, while senators from each school are elected for three year terms.

A current list of faculty senators, meeting dates and contact information may be found at www.miami.edu/FacultySenate.

Kelly Herson may be contacted at k.herson@umiami.edu.

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...