Faculty Senate elects 2007-08 chair, vice chairs

The University of Miami Faculty Senate reelected Stephen Sapp, professor and chair of the Department of Religious Studies, for the 2007-2008 term.

The vote, which took place May 2, also saw the election of Sherrill Hayes, professor and chair of the Department of Physical Therapy, as first vice chair and Rene Sacasas, professor and chair of the Department of Business Law, as second vice chair.

The Faculty Senate, which deals with academic policies, new program and degree approvals, annual budgets, faculty grievances, and chair and dean reviews, meets once a month during the academic year.

Senate officials are elected annually, while senators from each school are elected for three year terms.

A current list of faculty senators, meeting dates and contact information may be found at www.miami.edu/FacultySenate.

Kelly Herson may be contacted at k.herson@umiami.edu.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...