School of Business dean Sugrue retiring after 15 years at Miami

Paul K. Sugrue, who has served as dean of the School of Business for 15 years, will retire at the end of the academic year.

During Sugrue’s tenure, UM has been ranked the number one business school in Florida.

Other accomplishments that have resulted from Sugrue’s leadership include a rise in GMAT scores of more than 100 points, higher SAT scores among undergraduate students accepted to the school of more than 160 points and an increase in the business school faculty by 20 percent.

Sugrue has recently raised $20 million for the Miguel B. Fernandez Family Entrepreneurship Building, a new 195,000 square-foot facility. Sugrue has also raised $50 million in donations and $150 million in special program revenues. This money is used for scholarships, school facilities and the financing of new chairs.

“I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with the faculty to make this one of the top business schools in the country,” Sugrue said in a press release.

Sugrue will continue as dean until a successor is chosen.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...