School of Business dean Sugrue retiring after 15 years at Miami

Paul K. Sugrue, who has served as dean of the School of Business for 15 years, will retire at the end of the academic year.

During Sugrue’s tenure, UM has been ranked the number one business school in Florida.

Other accomplishments that have resulted from Sugrue’s leadership include a rise in GMAT scores of more than 100 points, higher SAT scores among undergraduate students accepted to the school of more than 160 points and an increase in the business school faculty by 20 percent.

Sugrue has recently raised $20 million for the Miguel B. Fernandez Family Entrepreneurship Building, a new 195,000 square-foot facility. Sugrue has also raised $50 million in donations and $150 million in special program revenues. This money is used for scholarships, school facilities and the financing of new chairs.

“I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with the faculty to make this one of the top business schools in the country,” Sugrue said in a press release.

Sugrue will continue as dean until a successor is chosen.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...