New VP of UM Comms named

Jacqueline R. Menendez, the current village manager of Key Biscayne, has been named the new vice president for University Communications.

As village manager, Menendez has been responsible for directing a large workforce, a multi-million dollar operating budget and a capital inventory of $60 million for the community of 11,000 residents. In her new role as vice president of University Communications, Menendez will oversee media, marketing and community relations-all part of the university’s communication efforts.

“Jackie Menendez has worked in a number of different capacities addressing communications in her career, starting as a news reporter, a county spokesperson and serving as senior administrator in local government agencies managing community and crisis management issues,” said Sergio M. Gonzalez, vice president for University Advancement, in a press release.

Menendez, who was named by Vanidades magazine as one of the 40 Most Influential Hispanic Women in the U.S., will take her post on June 18.

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...