Freshmen living on campus will not be allowed cars in ’08-’09 school year

Beginning fall 2008, freshmen living on campus will not be allowed cars for the entire year.

Patricia A. Whitely, vice president of Student Affairs, said the decision will not affect commuter students and administrators will make exceptions for students with special needs. She add that the decision came as part of a new strategy towards undergraduate students.

“It’s really centered around trying to keep freshmen on campus, adding more programming and limiting overcrowding,” Whitely said.

The new policy will be drafted during the next six to nine months and will affect the class of 2012.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...