Weird News: No child left without an iPod, and more

iPods for every Michigan child

Michigan state Democrats want to appeal to both education and children at the same time by providing an iPod for every child. The state, however is facing a budget crisis of approximately one billion dollars. Nonetheless, House Democrats delivered a spending bill which includes putting $38 million worth of public funds toward supplying every student with an mp3 player. State representatives are attracted to the iPod plan because of its ability to be easily used as educational devices, to transport digital documents and projects, or it could even be used to listen to lectures. Also, this is not a new idea-Duke University recently gave iPods to all incoming freshmen.

50-pound kindergartener charged with felony

A few weeks ago, Desre’e Watson, 6, of Avon Park, Fl threw a little bit of a temper tantrum. She cried, wailed, kicked, scratched and even hit a teacher. Instead of a timeout, Avon Elementary School called the police. After the cops arrived, Desre’e attempted to resist arrest by crawling under a table and once she was pulled out, she was cuffed, put into the patrol car and driven to the county jail where she was charged with a felony and two misdemeanors.

Compiled by Martamaria Gomez

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...