how to handle being stuck in a love limbo

I recently learned that my ex-boyfriend-my first love-has a new girlfriend. I’m really surprised at how much this hurts. It kills me to think about him with someone else. We had a long talk the other day, and he said he thought he was dead to me-a fair assumption considering how I treated him over the past year. I just don’t know what I want. He says he still loves me and that nothing compares to when we were together. I think I agree with that. I just don’t know what I want. But when I think about him with another girl it just tears me apart. I need to let it go completely or make some sort of commitment, and I can’t do either. I can’t imagine never talking to him again but I also can’t imagine dating him right now. Why can’t I just let him go? Do I really want him or do I just not want him to be with someone else? Why is this so difficult?

~Dazed and Confused

Dear Reader,

Oh, the heartache and pain of love. It never ends, does it? Feel free to hate me for saying this, but sometimes it’s necessary to break out the clich

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...