Weird News

Cigarettes and Coffee linked to Health?

A study by William Scott at the University of Miami is making national headlines: His finding add to a growing body of evidence that some substance in tobacco might protect the brain against the devastating neurological disorder Parkinson’s disease. The study sheds new light on coffee’s effects on the disease. For decades, scientists have found evidence suggesting that smokers are less likely to develop this illness than non-smokers but now researchers stress that the negative health effects of smoking far outweigh any protective effect the substance might have.

Get a tan and sexually excited all at once.

Sex therapists say “lack of desire” is one of the most common complaints they hear from patients, particularly women. A promising treatment has been making its way through clinical trials. The compound, called bremelanotide, is a synthetic version of a hormone involved in skin pigmentation. Studies in rodents demonstrated that the drug not only gave male rats erections, but also fomented sexual excitement in female rats. Results from a pilot study of 26 postmenopausal women with diagnoses of sexual arousal disorder suggest that bremelanotide may have aphrodisiacal properties.

Compiled by Martamaria Gomez

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...