UM Police remind you that theft of unattended and unsecured property is the number one crime on campus!

Each month, 50-80% of all crime that occurs on the Coral Gables campus involves the theft of unattended or unsecured property. Simple, non-confrontational theft is generally categorized as a “crime of opportunity.” Most crimes of opportunity are committed by amateur criminals or the generally law-abiding citizen who see an opportunity and thinks he/ she can take advantage without being caught. The simple solution is to remove the opportunity by not leaving property unattended or unsecured, not even for “one minute.” If your property is not immediately in your possession, lock it. In addition, do not leave dorm room doors open or unlocked if you are not in the room. It takes less than 7 seconds for someone to enter a room, steal a laptop or other property, and calmly walk away. To combat simple theft, the UM Police Department currently runs several programs including a free engraving program, free DataDot program, free bicycle lock program, free bicycle registry program, discounted anti-theft device program, theft awareness information program, and several others. Further information on theft reduction programs and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/police, or through the UMPD Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...