SG approves new Chief Justice for fall

Francis Carbone was ratified as next year’s Student Government Supreme Court chief justice at Wednesday’s Senate meeting.

Carbone will take office when current Chief Justice Kelly Calisto, who is studying abroad in the fall, resigns at the end of the spring term.

Carbone is currently a freshman studying psychology. He said his goal is to attend law school and eventually become a judge.

An associate judge since September, Carbone said he made it a point to write the opinions and hopes to continue doing so.

Compiled by Walyce Almeida

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...