serial killer or clueless boy? you be the judge

I met this awesome guy last year and ever since then I’ve been unexplainably attracted to him. There’s a problem though. He only calls me with a restricted number (I still do not know his phone number), and when we hang out I won’t hear from him for a few days. Recently, though, I feel as though we’re getting really close. When we’re together he’s the sweetest guy ever and he makes me feel special, but I’m afraid that his fear of getting too close means something. Should I put all the mystery surrounding him behind me, or should I take all those signs as a warning?

~Tired of Games

Dear Reader,

Oooh I can’t stand restricted numbers! In fact, I positively refuse to answer my phone if a number is restricted. In my mind, if you block your number, it means one of two things: either you’re so insecure that you don’t want people to see who’s calling for fear of rejection, or you simply don’t want people to be able to trace your call…which is just creepy (and extremely stalker/serial killer-esque).

So let’s think this one through. He’s really “awesome”-and yet he only calls you sporadically. Do we have a booty-call-gone-slightly-serious situation here? You didn’t mention if the two of you ever got romantic, so to speak, but even if you weren’t hooking up it’s an odd situation…just minus the booty call.

The whole thing does sound a little shady, and ordinarily I probably would take those signs as a warning. But let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater. If this guy really makes you feel special, and you’re getting close, you need to put a little elbow grease and figure out what’s goin’ on. What is it that sparked this renewal of interest on his part?

Maybe the clouds parted, the sun shone, and he had a “Hallelujah” moment, realizing that he’s crazy about you and doesn’t want to toy with your emotions for another second. Then again, maybe we’re being total girls and reading entirely too much into the situation, and he just thought to himself, “Hey, this girl is pretty cool…we should hang out more.”

Clearly you only have one option if you want to get to the bottom of this mystery. Call him out on it! Ask him why his number is restricted, and why he goes MIA after you hang out. Hey, maybe he has a perfectly legitimate excuse…like he’s in the witness protection program and he doesn’t want to get too close to anyone because he’ll just have to move away again. How painful. A slightly more plausible option: he’s a clueless boy, he wasn’t playing any games, and we’re being paranoid (nothing new there). But the restricted number…that’s still weird.

Best of Luck!

Fact’o’the Day: Marilyn Monroe, the most celebrated sex icon of the 20th century, confessed to a friend that despite her three husbands and a parade of lovers, she had never had an orgasm.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@themiamihurricane.com. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...