UM students contribute to new Herald videocasts

Daily video podcasts, or VIDcasts have become a new feature of The Miami Herald.

What the 5!, the name given to the VIDcast, provides a daily dose of stories South Florida is talking about and accessing online. Linked video, quizzes and forums will also be added.

J.R. Biersmith, a graduate student alumnus from the class of ’06, and Toni Gonzalez, a nighttime DJ on WHDR 93 Rock, host the VIDcasts.

Broadcast journalism students at the University of Miami have the opportunity to assist with the production of the daily VIDcasts, which are recorded at the School of Communication.

All segments of What the 5! are available free of charge and may be downloaded to iPods or other mp3 players.

To view segments of What the 5!, visit http://www.miami.com/static/media/whatthe5/index.html.

-Compiled by Megan Ondrizek

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...