three’s a crowd for this content chick

I have a wonderful boyfriend and let’s just say that we have an amazing sex life. I didn’t think my boyfriend had anything to complain about but recently he’s been pressuring me into inviting either another guy or another girl for a threesome. I am a devout Catholic, and I love my boyfriend. We’ve been together now for seven months and it’s been absolute bliss. I really have no desire to share him with anyone. Nor would I want to have him share me with someone else. I have told him what I think about this, but how can I make him understand that I’m just not interested in participating?

Distraught pleasure queen

Dear Reader,

Your quandary is totally understandable. And, in my opinion, your problem is fairly typical; it is undeniable that there will always be differences between a couple in any or every aspect of a romantic relationship. One of the toughest parts of any relationship (friendship or otherwise) is learning how to navigate these differences without letting the whole thing blow up and completely losing the person you care so much about.

Obviously at this point breaking up with your boyfriend is not an option. However, I also believe that participating in or feeling obligated (i.e. feeling pressured) to participate in any kind of sexual activity against will is completely not cool and is in fact a violation of dignity.

For the record, rape can and does happen within the confines of a relationship. And, let’s face the practicalities here-if you’re not into the idea of having a threesome, things just aren’t going to be pleasant for you in the heat of the moment.

Yes, it’s unsettling to realize that your boyfriend wants to sleep with someone else, and yes it’s hurtful to know that the sexual dynamic of your relationship is not completely in sync. But, I say stick to your guns right now.

Perhaps one day you might warm to the idea of engaging in a threesome, but until then don’t. If your boyfriend continues to pressure you. you might want to reexamine the relationship.

Best of luck!
V.

Fact’o’the Day: The female bedbug has no sexual opening. To get around this dilemma, the male uses his curved penis to drill a vagina into the female. Sounds fun, no?

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@themiamihurricane.com or submit them online at themiamihurricane.com/dearv. All questions will remain anonymous.

This Dear V originally ran on January 20, 2006.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...