Editorial: R.I.P. LEO’S DELANCEY ST. DELI

Never fully appreciated by the mass-public, always fully satisfying for its many loyal patrons, Leo’s Delancey Street Deli makes a mean sandwich. No questions asked.

The administration has decided to get rid of this food Court gem by next Fall (see News p. 3), and though the plans to replace it seem like a welcome addition as well (a Mediterranean joint), Leo’s will be missed.

Subway may be the only multi-billion dollar sandwich chain on campus, but despite its slogan, when it came to true fresh ingredients, they don’t hold a candle to Leo’s. Ditto when it came to thick and succulent breads, mayos and spreads that aren’t squirted out of bottles, and a rolling-toaster that that is on par with the always-awesome Quizno’s.

For these reasons and many more, The Hurricane editorial board is a frequent customer at Leo’s. Some staff favorites are the Turkey Cheddar Melt, the Club, the Chicken Ceasar Wrap and, of course, the delicious pickle slices.

If you havn’t yet tried a Leo’s Delancey St. Deli sandwich or wrap, or have years ago and didn’t find it spectacular enough for a re-visit, do yourself a favor and make a point to visit, before it’s too late.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...