Columbia Records chair speaks to UM students

University of Miami students who awoke early enough to attend a presentation by Columbia Records Chairman Steve Barnett on Friday netted an insider’s look at the state of the music industry. They also received the opportunity to take home CDs by some of the label’s biggest artists.

Barnett spoke at the Gusman Concert Hall and addressed topics such as the decline of record sales, the digital distribution of music and the path he took from the west midlands of England to his position at the head of the oldest record label in the world.

After the presentation, Barnett invited students to take whatever CDs they wished from dozens of piles on the stage, including releases from Beyonc

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...