Columbia Records chair speaks to UM students

University of Miami students who awoke early enough to attend a presentation by Columbia Records Chairman Steve Barnett on Friday netted an insider’s look at the state of the music industry. They also received the opportunity to take home CDs by some of the label’s biggest artists.

Barnett spoke at the Gusman Concert Hall and addressed topics such as the decline of record sales, the digital distribution of music and the path he took from the west midlands of England to his position at the head of the oldest record label in the world.

After the presentation, Barnett invited students to take whatever CDs they wished from dozens of piles on the stage, including releases from Beyonc

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...