What’s going on?

TODAY (Mar 30)
Steve Barnett, chairman of Columbia Records who has worked with such clients as AC/DC and Cyndi Lauper, will speak at UM as a guest to the Frost School of Music’s Music Business and Entertainment Industries Program. The lecture begins at 9:05 a.m. in Gusman Concert Hall and is free and open to the public.

A Midnight Breakfast provided by Student Life will take place from 12 a.m. to 2 a.m. at the Kearns Sports Hall of Fame.

SATURDAY (Mar 31)
Join Amnesty International for the Spring 2007 Film Festival. Movies such as “Blood Diamond” and “Hotel Rwanda” will be shown from 7 to 11 p.m. in the UC I-Lounge.

The National Pan-Hellenic Conference is providing music, dancing and stomping with the Greek Extravaganza Step Show. The event will begin at 7 p.m. at the Knights Sports Complex. Tickets may be purchased for $10 Friday in the Breezeway.

SUNDAY (Apr 1)
Enjoy an afternoon by the water, relaxing and listening to music at the kick-off of Miami’s fourth annual Jazz on the Green concert series. The music will begin at 3 p.m. on the green space next to Lake Osceola behind Gusman Concert Hall.

MONDAY (Apr 2)
Larry Doyle, a CBS News producer who recently returned from a tour as the CBS News Bureau Chief in Baghdad, will speak about the current conditions in Iraq at 12:15 p.m. in the School of Communication Courtyard.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...