Weird News: Bra thief caught, jailed

Bra Thief Caught, Jailed

A Pullman, Washington, man was charged with theft and burglary after police said they found 93 pounds of women’s panties, brassieres and other underwear at his home. Investigators believe the 24-year-old took as many as 1,500 undergarments from apartment complex laundry rooms before he was caught, police Cmdr. Chris Tennant said. The man has been jailed on 12 counts of second-degree burglary and one of first-degree theft. Police had previously received 12 reports of underwear thefts in the northeast part of town, where Washington State University is located.

Modern Day Lassie

A two-year-old golden retriever named Toby saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and immediately ran on top of her and began jumping up and down on the woman’s chest. Debbie Parkhurt, 45, of Calvert, Maryland says she believes that the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and subsequently saved her life. Parkhurt was eating an apple at home when a piece got lodged in her throat. She tried to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself and after that didn’t work she began beating on her chest; this is when she thinks Toby noticed and got involved. When the apple was dislodged, Toby started licking her face to keep her from passing out, she said.

Trampled by Money-Getters

A Kentucky woman is claiming that she was injured last year at a rap concert at Tennessee State University and is now suing the school, the rapper Lil’ Wayne and a Memphis man for $150,000. Candice Smith, of Lexington, is claiming that she was knocked down by a surge of fans almost as soon as Lil’ Wayne hit the stage at Gentry Center. The fans were believed to be running after money which rapper Lil’ Wayne had thrown into the crowd at the show. Smith suffered a broken collarbone and other injuries that have caused her to miss substantial amounts of work and school. She blames the rapper for inciting the crowd, claiming that he should know his actions would cause a rush of fans. Neither TSU or Lil’ Wayne have commented further on this case.

*Compiled by Martamaria Gomez

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Darrell Langham's miraculous 28-yard catch set up Michael Badgley's game-winning field goa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday evening at the 2017 Oracle/ITA ...

The University of Miami women's rowing team opened the fall portion of its 2017-18 schedule on ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami volleyball team demonstrated skill on both sides of the ball Sunday, sweepin ...