Presentation highlights dangers of hazing

As an undergraduate at Auburn University and member of Sigma Nu Fraternity, Erle Morring was hazed. Despite all the rules, he was a willing victim and participant of hazing as a brother and chapter officer. It was a rite of passage and a tradition, not to mention the only way to become a brother. It was all fun and games, however, until one of his fraternity’s pledges died…then another.

Fifteen years later, Morring is making good on a promise he made to himself after the avoidable deaths of his friends by committing himself to eradicating the problem on campuses across the country. He visited UM Tuesday night and gave a presentation to a packed house of Greek students at the Storer Auditorium in the School of Business.

For just over one hour, Morring told the story of and reenacted parts from his first two years of fraternity experience, including the murder and suicide of two pledges of his fraternity, respectively.

For more information, visit his website at www.campuspeak.com.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...