What’s going on?

TODAY (Mar 27)
Join members of the Miami-Dade Human Services Coalition to learn about local and global poverty issues at this year’s Hunger Banquet. The dinner will be held at 7 p.m. in UC Ballrooms C and D, and tickets can be bought in the Breezeway or at the door for $5.

Students interested in learning about alternative options after graduation such as traveling Europe or volunteering for a senator may go to an info session at 5 p.m. in the Toppel Career Center Library.

WEDNESDAY (Mar 28)
Find out what Student Government has been doing for UM at the State of the University address given by Student Government President Annette Ponnock. The event will take place at 4 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

The Women’s and Gender Studies Department will host a “Gender Revolution in Science” lecture in honor of Women’s History Month. The lecture will feature author Londa Schiebinger, and will take place at 3:30 p.m. at the Miller Center Auditorium.

THURSDAY (Mar 29)
The Filipino Student Association is hosting an Island Styles Cultural Showcase where students can come watch people dance with candles on their forehead and jump through sticks. The event will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall, and food will be sold starting at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be bought in the Breezeway for $5, or at the door for $7.

Patio Jams presents The Heavy Pets from 12 to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...