Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball: ‘Canes fall in ACC Tournament

After putting together a great performance to upset the ACC’s then-hottest team in Maryland, the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team fell in the second round of the ACC Tournament to the Boston College Golden Eagles.

The No. 12-seeded Hurricanes led from the midway point of the first half and held on to the lead until 32 seconds where left in regulation, when a three-point shot by Tyrese Rice tied the game at 64.

The first three minutes of the extra period saw the Eagles play catch up, and the ‘Canes lost the game 74-71.

Football: Hurricanes get new uniforms

Head Coach Randy Shannon recently announced that the Miami Hurricanes’ football team will have new uniforms next season. The uniforms, which will be unveiled next season, will remain mostly the same but include a few minor changes.

The new uniforms will be made of a more durable, lightweight stretch material, and they will have moisture management capabilities, allowing sweat and rain to evaporate faster.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...